- The Davis School District in collaboration with the Davis Education Foundation has established the following guidelines and procedures for processing requests to distribute information and materials to students/parents and/or District personnel. All electronic materials promoting events, community organizations, classes, and/or other services or products must receive District approval prior to being posted, displayed or distributed to parents, students or District employees.
Electronic Flyer Distribution: Involves Two Level Fee Structure
1. Distribution fee: to distribute approved fliers to schools per monthly distribution as follows:
A. $100 per school ;
B. $500 per geographical location for Elementary Schools (North, Central or South)
C. $1000 per grade band
* All Elementary Schools
* All Secondary Schools
D. $1500 District Wide (All Schools)
*All credit card transactions will be charged 3.5% service fee.
2. Posting Fee: replaces the need for print copies of the flyers.
The pricing is determined by our contract agent not to exceed $30 per school per posting. The postings will remain on the site for 30 days.
Distribution Fee Exceptions:
- A business partner who offers FREE or non-conditional coupons to be distributed to students as academic rewards or incentives.
- A governmental entity having an established an inter-local agreement or partnership with the Davis School District or Foundation.
Posting Fee Exceptions: Access and use of the contract agents flyer management system shall be provided without charge to District Staff, school staff, teachers, and parents organizations (such as PTA, PTO, Foundations, etc.) for the distribution of internal, noncommercial, school related informational flyers.
Other Fee Exception:
Any governmental entity having an established inter-local agreement or partnership with the Davis School District or Foundation will be granted an exemption from both distribution and posting fees.
Submission of application and electronic flyer
In order to have materials considered for distribution, the organization requesting approval must:
- Submit a completed Flyer Distribution Application along with a final version of the electronic flyer. The flyer must be submitted in an electronic PDF to email@example.com If you have any questions, please contact Tiffani at 801-402-5299.
- Submit the distribution payment to the Foundation.
Once approved by the Foundation, the organization will work with the contract agent in posting the flyer to our system. The organization will be asked to:
- Create a user account with the contract agent.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (Account Type)
- Upload your flyer to their system. Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. The contract agent charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
- Pay the posting fees to the contract agent directly. These fees replace the cost of printing for the organization. The pricing is determined by the vendor and is not to exceed $30 per school per posting. The postings will remain on the site for 30 days.
- Peach Jar fliers are released Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday ONLY.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Disclaimer. All materials must contain a disclaimer on the flyer with the following language: Distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement of services, activities, and/or products by the Davis School District.
- Identifying information. Flyers must contain information clearly identifying the sponsoring person(s) or organization(s) including web address and contact information.
- Applicability to Intended Audience. Approval may only be given for information or activities appropriate for and directed towards the age of students attending the school(s) targeted for printed distribution.
- Interfere with the District’s educational objectives;
- Compete with District programs;
- Be obscene or libelous in nature;
- Be contrary to the curriculum adopted by the District;
- Advertise a product or service not permitted to minors by law;
- Advertise for a political purpose or to influence a ballot proposition;
- Advertise fundraising activities or contests for non-school organizations;
- Advertise or solicit volunteers, internships or employment opportunities;
- Discriminate against any person based on race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability or public assistance status;
- Advertise activities or services to students that occur during the regularly scheduled school day;
- Advocate the violation of school regulations